Here are a few useful tips on how to clear out the old and focus on the helpful … and don’t worry about when you read this but please start within the week
… it’s never too late!
1. CLEAN your home, no matter how huge or humble, top to toe.
2. Not in one day, take a few weeks, do a Marie Kondo on your drawers and storage
3. Backup all the ‘stuff’ on your devices, it makes a clean cut … then delete
4. Ensure you sort any ‘unfinished’ business eg last will written; family informed of your wishes; bills paid; catch up with old friends; revisit that bucket list; appts
5. Closely consider where your time and energy has gone recently, is this healthy?
6. Now list where you prefer to focus your time and energy … make priorities
7. If you’ve been stuck in a rut devise some creative ways to ‘emerge’
8. Writing/blogging is it fun or to become professional, write out those steps now
I take every opportunity to do these things but the beginning of a new decade is an ideal opportunity for all of us to rethink and refocus on which direction we would prefer to take.
This was inspired by Glen’s thought provoking post on the topic. When I first began blogging I did write one of those posts with most viewed and best posts, etc coz that’s what others were doing. Frankly it was interesting to review the statistics, now I know it means little.
Those of us blogging for a few years know that our ‘favourite’ posts are not always well received. While posts we wonder about are well read and received … there is no rhyme or reason in blogging. The real bonus is the friendships made and the healthy discussions that arise. The love respect and connection are pure gold!
thanks for visiting and hope to see you in the New Year …
I’m having a quiet one, enjoy whatever you are doing!