Curious contemplation has been my hum for years
sitting, teaching or leading others from their fears
in wondrous nature, in meaningful caring n sharing
life is but a brief journey so enjoy the ride
let worries and pettiness totally subside
be comfortable in your skin, be relaxed n lived in
one of my many beaches to walk …
the hum is constantly there night and day
work, life, leisure contribute but none pay
ignite my muse to amuse so I can’t stray
discipline and morality, mantras and more
visualisation, watching the breathe galore
more coping skills for the hassles in life
the river just opposite where I live
to care for my inner health, escape the fray
I use meditation in it’s full array
keeps me healthy happy and balanced
it works for me but find your own hum
for we all march to a different drum
music, gardening, walking, reading …
the vast spaces of sky, sugar cane and life …
to anxiety and depression strongly say nay
find your own hum for inside it does lay
it sheds clarity on the darkest dismay
d’Verse – What is the poetic hum in your life? What hums in the background of your life that inspires you as you unconsciously listen while you work and live? Is the drone always there or do you have to cultivate the inspiration?
Some points to ponder in your poem:
- should there be a clear line between your occupation and your creative writing?
- do you have to make up your mind which one you want to be or can you do both things at once?
- are you inspired by your “occupation” to write creatively?
- can the frustration you feel in your “other work” (non-creative writing life) also be an inspiration to write?
- does your current occupation limit your creative writing?
- what is the drone that hums in your background that inspires your writing?
This is also my entry for Friday Foto Fun – Entertainment
… this is how I amuse myself!